School Mission, Ethos, Aims & Values
At the core of our school ethos and at the root of all our actions involving the whole school community is the below statement and values, our absolute faith and belief in the ministry of Jesus and the values and way of life he put forth. This permeates at every level of our care
The schools aim to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief. It seeks to develop the full potential of all children in a caring environment which values all its members.
A school family of children, staff, parents, governors and friends of the school who all share a commitment to putting universal Christian values at the centre of our daily lives, in all our actions, in all that we think, say or do.
|Love and Respect||We care and share and treat others as we would like to be treated|
|Responsibility and courage||We are brave enough to admit when we make mistakes|
|Self-control and Moderation||We know the effect actions can have on others|
|Honesty and Integrity||We are honest and trust each other|
|Kindness and Compassion||We are polite and helpful|
|Contentment and Thankfulness||We recognise how lucky we are|
|Patience and Perseverance||We try hard, have a go and don’t give up.|
|Peace and Humility||We appreciate quiet and reflection|
|Loyalty and Commitment||We are fair and know what makes a good friend|
|Forgiveness and Justice||We understand and forgive each other|
|Hope||We are positive, resilient and forward looking|
To learn and to grow and ‘to be the best we can be’
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
We believe that people are our most valuable resource. Everyone is entitles to an education of the highest possible standard which:
- Promotes life-long learning
- Enhances the quality of life
- Encourages good citizenship
In our school we aim to promote our values in all we do.
- Each other
- High standards in all we do in school
- Successful partnership with parents
- Links with our local community
- Our resources and the environment.
In our school we aim to educate the whole child, enabling each one to develop: physically, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, morally, culturally and socially, to their full potential.
We aim to enable each child to develop:
- A sense of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and co-operatively.
- Confidence to make informed choices, which lay the foundations for their future life.
- The ability to recognise and value a sense of right and wrong.
We guide each child towards independence in these areas by providing rich learning opportunities, high expectations and challenge.
We are a ‘Voluntary Controlled’ (VC) school, which means that the Church of England maintains an active interest in the school, whilst giving overall control to the Local Authority. As a Church of England school, in partnership with parents and guardians, we aim to provide:
- A community based on Christian values which respects the views of others
- A happy, warm and welcoming environment where learning is fun and everyone can feel safe and secure
- A caring and sharing culture where everyone is valued and there are equal opportunities for all
- A stimulating, spiritual, positive and productive learning environment through children, staff and parents working together.
At the school we aim to promote feelings of self-esteem and self-respect, in order to develop positive, confident and responsible attitudes towards:
- Each other
- Good behaviour
- Our school environment.